A good Secure Hosted Payments solution should provide an e-commerce merchant with an easy way to maintain transaction security and brand integrity within their online shopping cart environments.
IP Commerce has partnered with OrderBridge™ to bring merchants just such a solution: The Secure Hosted Payments (SHP) for Web Checkout API.
This SHP API protects customer’s credit card information and supports a fully branded checkout experience. It also offers a fast track for merchants who want to quickly place a branded, PCI-compliant payment page within their checkout flow.
With SHP for Web Checkout, a customer creates their order on an ecommerce site as they normally would. When it’s time to complete checkout, payment with credit card or ACH is captured through a secure, PCI-compliant payment page. This page is easily configured to mimic existing site design. After the payment, customers are returned to the ecommerce site, completing a seamless checkout experience and minimizing cart confusion and abandonment. This greatly reduces liability and compliance expense … without sacrificing branding or customer experience!
Here are the key benefits of Secure Hosted Payments (SHP) for Web Checkout…
- FAST – A much faster development cycle than “build from scratch”
- LESS EXPENSIVE – Also, dramatically less costly than “build from scratch”
- FLEXIBLE – Works well with Magento®, VirtueMart, Cubecart™, Zen Cart® and other popular shopping cart environments. Also plays well with custom-built shopping cart solutions
- BRANDED – Complete branding control for merchants
- SECURE – Full PCI Compliance
- CUSTOMER-FRIENDLY – Seamless eCommerce experience for customers means less cart abandonment
- VALUE-ADDs – A merchant dashboard for custom branding, transaction management and reporting.
For merchants who do not have an existing e-commerce system with order tracking, fulfillment, and reporting, this SHP solution can also act as an order-storage and reporting database. A built-in merchant administration tool enables the merchant to login, view, and search their order history, perform basic transaction management (e.g. refunds/credits), and generate reports. Also, unlike traditional e-commerce payment gateways that require low-level API integration, the SHP payment process can be integrated by way of a simple HTML form submission from the merchant’s website.
In a nutshell, this Secure Hosted Payments API makes it faster, easier, safer and less expensive for eCommerce merchants to sell things. And, that’s why merchants love it when their developers show them this solution!